Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trois Cent Soixante Onze Jours a Sceaux (371 Days in Sceaux)

Memorial Day weekend passed here without the fanfare of the USA, EXCEPT: they played "Band of Brothers" on their HBO equivalent. It was all in French, which was interesting, and I had just finished watching the series the week before (I have the DVD set, very nice, get it!). Folks here do remember the wars, and our part in them. It was very satisfying to see this series on TV during OUR Memorial Day weekend. Merci beaucoup, mes amis!

I am getting geared up for a busy travel season in June and July, when I will hit six countries on three continents. By the end of July, I will have been away from Sceaux almost 2/3 of 2011. Then, after all that, I will fly back to Houston, Texas to enjoy three and a half weeks of vacation. Whew! All the travel is not helping my mastery of the French language, but this job involves a lot of travel anyway. It will all slow down in Q4, as it always does -- I think.

Hopefully, by October and November there will be no further incidents in Morocco, and I can head down there for some sun and exploration as the clouds roll over Ile-de-France. Not much else to report from here, but I thought I would post an update before I return to the USA for business tomorrow.

a bientot!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment