Saturday, August 28, 2010

The 95th day of Life in Sceaux

This has been a relatively uneventful week: get up, run or goof off, clean up, go to work, come home, look for someone I know on Google Talk, AIM, Skype, or Facebook, fix dinner, clean-up, watch a little of a DVD, go to bed, reset.

But you are in Paris, France!  Yes, I am, or at least within 5 miles of it, which translate to roughly 45-minutes to an hour by public transportation.  Oh yes, you must know that the lines you take, especially the bus ones, do not stay open all night for you -- after 9:30 PM your transportation options become limited.  It is not practical to go into Paris often, and when one does via public transportation, one needs to plan both ends of the traverse in advance.  Oh?  Yes, this is a lesson learned via experience.

But today is a beautiful day in Sceaux, there are some clouds, but mostly sunny with a gentle breeze.  Fortunately, I will not have to fight the other shoppers at Monoprix or the market, as I seem to be well-stocked for the coming week (Pam thinks it is very American of me to limit my excursions for grocery shopping to once a week).  I might bike into Paris today, if it does not rain, and do what?  Hmmm, bicycle thieves are real pros here, lurking about in vans with an ample selection of cable cutters.  Wherever I go, the bike and I must stay close together...

I decided I need to be more disciplined on my weekends (hence, this time of productive activity), so I have done laundry and studied an hour of French.  I have a suite of guitar DVDs through which I want to work (I think I left off just as I was about to learn "La Grange", but it was too close to bedtime to do it justice), and that is productive time.  I just hope the neighbors do not complain, because I might not be able to explain the nature of that song...

That is all for now, I hope your weekend is a good one; love on your family, talk with a friend, play with the dog...

a bientot,

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment