Sunday, February 21, 2010

What does it mean?

What does "Protopolemstis" mean? It is a transliteration of the Greek "First Warrior". Many of you know my love for the Greek language, primarily the Greek of the New Testament. This compound word is used because of its multiple meanings to me. Now, I am not the very first warrior, nor even the primary one. But I am a road warrior, traveling on business more than 50% of the time (not that the 50% is defining qualification to call oneself a 'road warrior', either), and I am what my company calls a "domain champion". A domain champion is one who is chief or primary overseer for a discipline or 'domain', providing guidance to the those in the field and advising the management concerning the domain's direction and needs. Hence, I combined the two ideas into "Protopolemistis" (in the actual Greek: prwtopolemisthV). In addition, I have been asked to move from Houston, Texas to Paris, France, and what better excuse to start a new blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment